California Proposition 65-Adoption of New Article
On August 30, 2016, the Office of Administrative Law approved the adoption of amendments to Article 6, Clear and Reasonable Warnings. This regulatory action repeals all current Article 6 regulations (sections 25601 et seq.), and added the emergency regulation in April 2016 related to warnings for exposures to bisphenol A from canned and bottled foods in subsections 25603.3 (f,g) .
The regulation will be operative on August 30, 2018. Abstract as below:
- In the transition period, businesses may comply with the new regulation. A consumer product manufactured prior to the effective date is deemed to be reasonable if it complies with the 2008 revision of this article.
- Methods of transmission: on a posted sign, shelf tag, or shelf sign at each point of the product display; automatically provides via any electronic device or process; on-product warning; with a hyperlink using the word ”WARNING” on the product display page or prominently display the warning before completing the purchase for internet purchases; provides in catalog using the same content as the on-product warning for catalog purchases.
- Warning symbol and content:
- A symbol consisting of a black exclamation point in a yellow equilateral triangle with a bold black outline and shall be place to the left side of ”WARNING”, in a size no smaller than the height of the word.
- For display point and other non-product warning, the content must include the name of one or more listed chemicals and P65 warning website.
- An on-product warning is not required to include the name or names of chemicals; the warning shall appear in a type size not smaller than 6-point type.
- If product information was marked in a language other than English, the warning must also be provided in that language in addition to English.
- Warning examples:
Information Source：Notice of Adoption New Article 6 (English only)
SGS TAIWAN LTD. – Taipei Multi Chemical Laboratory
ADD: No. 125, Wu Kung Road, New Taipei Industrial Park, Wu Ku District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 24886
TEL: +886-2-2299-3279 Ext. 3103~3129 & 3181~3185
SGS TAIWAN LTD. – Kaohsiung Multi Chemical Laboratory
ADD: No. 61, Kai-Fa Road, Nanzih Export Processing Zone, Kaohsiung, Taiwan 81170
TEL: +886-7-301-2121 Ext. 4101~4106